Are you planning a St. Patrick's Day party this year? Regardless of the type of party that you're throwing i.e. a kids' party or adult’s only bash, combining classic St. Patrick's Day party ideas with a few unique twists will make for an event that people will remember for years to come.
1. Invitations. Make sure that your invitations reflect the type of party that you're having as well as the spirit of the holiday. Create your own design or look for designs with traditional green, gold, leprechauns and shamrocks.
2. Clothing. Virtually any type of green clothing from t-shirts to dresses to funky hats is appropriate for a St. Patrick's Day party. “Kiss Me, I'm Irish” buttons and leprechaun hats are popular options. You could even encourage guests to come in costume and then award prizes.
3. Decorations. St. Patrick's Day party decorations can be as simple as green streamers to as fancy as light strands with shamrock-shaped lights. Consider filling vases or bowls with Lucky charms cereal or gold foil-wrapped chocolate coins. Stick to your budget and select decorations that the guests will enjoy.
4. Photo booth. A photo booth is a fun addition that everyone from grandkids to grandparents will enjoy! Don't forget to include props to choose from such as feather boas and green mustaches.
5. Treasure hunt. Before your guests arrive, hide gold foil-wrapped chocolate coins in a basket or small pot. Then send them on a treasure hunt for the leprechaun's pot of gold.
6. Food. There are lots of naturally green foods that are perfect for a St. Patrick's Day celebration such as spinach dip and green grapes. You can also dye any number of different foods green for the occasion. Think about serving some traditional Irish dishes such as corned beef and cabbage. There is nothing wrong with having sweets such as green jelly beans and shamrock-shaped cookies but make sure to have some healthy offerings as well.
7. Drinks. Of course green beer is always a popular option for adults at St. Patrick's Day parties. Irish coffee, green smoothies, mint milkshakes and green cool aid are also great beverage choices.
About the Author
Cody Taylor is the owner of Personalized Piggy Banks, a company that specializes in creating customized piggy banks and kids’ money box. Personalized Piggy Banks is known for their originality. Taylor believes that giving a personalized gift will never lose its value and puts a lot of energy into the company to ensure that every child gets a one of a kind gift. Each gift is hand painted with great detail by artists Dodo and Channi and promises child safeness.